Wednesday, August 29, 2007

29 Agosto 2007

Buon giorno a tutti!

Today I'm writing from good old Florence. My district has been spending the p-day here. Once again I've turned into the tour guide seeing as I'm the one that's been here the most times. We pretty much just walk around the duomo, go up to piazza michealangelo, and go to the open market. It's fun and I love Florence each time I come. But I do have to say that it was the funnest way back in February when I was in Prato because there were no tourists!

Comunque....

It's been another great week. It's been really hot and humid so we've been trying not to melt. I hope it cools down soon! I was a little fed up at the end of last week because we had two appointments set up, one with svieta and one with miriam. Friday we went to see svieta and she answered the door and was all dressed up to go somewhere and said she couldn't meet with us. URGH. Saturday morning 5 minutes before our appointment with miriam we got a text from her saying that she couldn't come. Managgia! So, we ended up doing a lot of finding work this weekend! I've been meaning to tell you dad, that we've been trying your street contacting method and choosing a certain characteristic and then talking to those people on the street! We love it and it's a lot less overwhelming. Instead of seeing waves of people and trying to talk to all of them we just focus on the people with strollers or people holding hands and talk to all of them! It's a great way to shake it up! Thanks for the idea! Saturday night however, we were walking down by the mare talking to people, and heard someone say, "Sisters." We stopped and found out that this member couple had just moved here to the military base. They are the Eubanks and will be here for 3 years and don't speak a word of italian! Anyways, we helped them get to church on sunday. They are going through quite the culture shock, especially because they are both as timid as mice times ten. But, just a cool little story of being in the right place at the right time.

We had a good experience on Monday. We passed back by a family who had let us in doing house. We were able to teach them a first lesson and are going to go back on saturday to teach more and then hopefully they can come to church on Sunday. They are pretty poor and there house is small and dirty. She's very open though and I'm so excited to countinue teaching them. Jantina is doing great. We had our weekly meeting with her yesterday. We are getting ready to start preparing her baptism, choosing hymns, prayers, who will talk and preform the baptism. I'm so excited for her, she's waited 3 years for this and she is so excited as well!

That's about it for me. I love being here and doing this work. I got some mail the other day so thanks everyone for writing me...namely....jenn...loved the code blue story..haha... if you know what I mean! hehe. I'll try to write you all soon! Love ya and thanks for your prayers and for being the most awesome people ever!

Un baccione!

Sorella Boynton

No comments: