Wednesday, August 01, 2007

1 AUGUST 2007

WOW! Thanks for everyone who wrote to me! I just spent the last 20 minutes reading all the emails from just about all the siblings and mom and dad of course. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear from you all and especially to hear that you are all well and happy. I wish I could write you all individually this week but since you all wrote there just won't be time! Loved the pics marg! Loved to hear Mates are alive and well Ell! : ) Tom, keep me posted on the Alaska stuff....and that's crazy that it took dave so long to grade your stuff! No rush with the batteries and stuff mom, piano piano! I, too, am behind in the media world steve (go figure)! I didn't even know there was a 5th harry potter movie out and I just realized that the last book was already out! Anyways, I realize everyday how blessed I am to have to best family in the world! Comunque, GRAZIE MILLE!

This week has been full of miracles and craziness. First, the miracle, then the craziness.

We met with the long-time investigator, Jantina, yesterday. We've been waiting a couple weeks for her to receive this signed permission form from her husband so that she can be baptized. She came to church on Sunday and as usual we sat by her in sacrament meeting. She cried through every hymn and I just knew she was just struggling to hold on. Her situation would be incredibly hard; a bad relationship with her husband and daughters, and she just an incredible women with so much faith. Anyways, the happiest news came yesterday when she came to the church for our appointment and pulled out the permission form which had been signed by her husband! She was absolutely happy and we were all just in disbelief that he had finally given permission for her to be baptized.

She's been waiting for 3 years!!! She wants to be baptized on the 18th of September, the day of her mothers birthday! That's just one of the many miracles that happened this week. Incredible!
Now, the crazy news. It's week 6 of the transfer and that means we had transfer calls on Monday. Like I told you last week (i think), I was pretty sure that I would be staying here in Livorno with Sorella Bruno.

President called us on Monday during our weekly district meeting and told Sorella Bruno that she was getting transferred to the island of Sardegna, to Cagliari, and that he wanted me to be a TRAINER to one of the 4 new sister missionaries! Man, I thought going senior comp was hard and now after just one transfer in the city I have to train!!! Yikes! I'm really pretty nervous and feel a little young to be training but oh well, gotta roll with the punches I guess. This means that tomorrow I'll be heading down to Rome to the mission home to have a little training on how to be a trainer to a new missionary and then come back up to Livorno with a missionary that's fresh from the MTC! Oh man, I know I'm going to be learning a lot these next couple transfers. Sorella Bruno and I really wanted to stay together one more transfer but Heavenly Father knows whats best!

The work here in Livorno is incredible. We have lots of incredible people to work with and I'm excited to work with this new missionary because they come all faithful and energized from the MTC. Miracles will happen! I love being a missionary here, it really is a humbling and incredible work.

Thanks again for your amazing support. Shout out to my friends... hope your all doing well and Jack, man, I can't believe your gettin' hitched in like a week! Love ya man!

Vi voglio tantissimo bene!

Sorella Boynton

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ah ha! Carrie! We meet again! I stumbled across your blog through Lauren Terry's links. You're a missionary! You sound so good, and I know you're doing excellent work. One day I will make it to Italy, and when I do, you will have to tell me which wonderful places I should go. Keep up the good work! Love, Beth (Karpowitz--go London 2004!) Isernhagen