Thursday, August 09, 2007

8 August 2007

Hey all,

Everythings going great here in Livorno with my new trainee. Her name is Sister Call and she's from Idaho. She's really sweet and it's going to be great working with her for the next couple transfers. Even though I feel like I just got here, I'm quickly reminded by mom that I'm nearly half way through my mission! It's crazy to see my trainee going through the same feelings and battles that I went through as a new missionary...just with the language and getting used to missionary life! It's going to be great!

So last week, we headed down to Rome, my old comp Sorella Bruno and I. I had to say goodbye to her which was hard cause she was such an awesome companion! I headed over to the mission home with the other trainers and we had lunch and then had "golden transfers" where the new missionary's open an envelope that tells them their who their trainer will be and their first city. So that's was fun and then I headed back up to Livorno with Sis. Call. She's a good sport and happy to be on bikes with me here!

Yesterday we had Zone Conference in Firenze. The 3 other sisters that are training were all there, including my old comp, sister lederer, so it was fun to talk to all of them and talk about how training was going. The theme of the conference was Faith. Sister Acerson is great and gave a wonderfull talk and shared some personal experiences of how "the lord will provide" when we have faith and are doing all we can. President Acerson emphasized having fun in the work and really getting to know the Italians and building relationships of trust with them. Dad, I think I've found someone who has almost as much love for Italy and it's people! President Acerson loves these people so much and has so much faith and hope for this mission.

Now we are all excited to get back to doing the work again. Things are pretty much the same here. I find so much joy in just being able to talk to people and bare my testimony of the truthfullness of the gospel.

Thanks, as always, for your wonderful examples and prayers.
Love,
Sorella Boynton

PS... CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING THIS WEEKEND JACKIE AND KYLE! I WISH I COULD BE THERE! GODSPEED! : )

No comments: