Wednesday, June 27, 2007

27 Jun 2007

Ciao Tutti,

It's been quite an eventful week.

Transfers were thursday and I had the train ride by myself to Livorno.

I've had such a great week. I love it here in Livorno... well actually I'm writing from Pisa today because my comp, Sorella Bruno, left for Rome this morning for a 3 month conference with all the missionaries she was in the MTC with. So I'm doing exchanges today with a sister in Pisa (her comp went down to Rome too.) I think I've seen all of Tuscany now! hehe. I'll be staying here until tomorrow. But anyway, Livorno is awesome. It's a LOT different from Prato, a little more modern and probably a little bigger. And the best part is that Livorno is a BIKE city!! Yeah, that's right, we get to put on our helmets, mount the bikes in our skirts, and hit the road! It's so fun I love it. I'm out of shape but hopefully this will help me get into shape! I've heard that Livorno is the best place to be in the summer because it doesn't get too hot. There is always a nice breeze blowing... not too good for the bike/skirt combo but it all works out. It's right on the sea and although not the most beautiful port city, is pretty enough. I'm so happy to be able to serve here. My comp Sorella Bruno is awesome. She's just a little ball of energy and is going to be really fun. I have lots to learn... the city... and the people we're working with... but all in good time.

The other highlight of the week was meeting with Mom, Dad, and Andy!!! We met together on Tuesday afternoon and had lunch together (I'm sure they'll blog it!). It was a short visit, probably 2 hours, but I absolutely LOVED seeing them before they head back there on Monday. It was cool to be sitting there all as missionaries in Italy! THANKS again you guys for making the effort to come down! And good luck with the trip home! Hope all the fam has fun welcoming them home. Since I can't be there in person you all have to promise me you'll write about it! I want to hear all about it in the emails next week! So you better all write me, send me pics, etc! I want every detail! (or send me the blog sites!)

Allora, not much else to say. I love this work and I love this gospel. I can't wait to get to work here in Livorno and find those who are ready to commit to the gospel and find the joy that it brings. It truly brings a joy that's hard to explain! You're all wonderful and I miss you all and think of you often and your wonderful examples.

Ci sentiamo!
Sorella Boynton

No comments: