Wednesday, June 20, 2007

20 June 2007


TRANSFERS...........


.........get out your maps because I'm being transferred! I'm leaving Prato tomorrow morning and heading to the coast! Livorno will be my second city!

It seems like it was a really busy week. Everyone knew transfers where coming so we were fixing last appointments with everyone. We had lunch with the Bagni family Sunday. They are strong members and have had us over occasionally. Their son is on a mission in London and are awesome to us missionaries.

Monday morning we headed to Pistoia for our district meeting and for transfer calls! We hadn't even started the meeting yet when President called. We passed around the phone and told us who was staying and going. I was nervous but excited also. Presdent Rhien told me I was going to be transferred (sp?) to Livorno and be a follow-up trainer/senior comp to Sorella Bruno. Yikes... it seems like I just got trained and now I have to be the older one in the companionship! One fun adventure after the other here on the mission!! I'm really excited though. I've heard a lot about Livorno and how the work and members are outstanding. However, my companion now, Sorella Lederer also talked to President and she's getting transferred also! Which was a surprise, and which means they're closing the companionship of sisters here in Prato. : ( We're losing more sisters than are coming in and that means there needed to be a city closed. So, good old Prato got the boot. Another set of Elders are being blown in and will take over our "sisters palace." (it's known as being the nicest sisters apartment in the mission! and now smelly elders are going to move in and ruin it!) Sorella Lederer will have a short transfer... she's just going over to work in Firenze... funny thing is she'll be with my old comp, Sorella Roper! Crazy how things work out. They also might take a couple days out of the transfer to work in Prato. So, that's what's happening, really crazy and exciting!

Tuesday we met for the last time with some of my favorite people. First, good old Sorella Lombardo, the inactive who we visited often and cleaned for! We told her we were both going and when I told her I was going to Livorno she said, oh yes, i've been there. Then she started telling us all about her travels. I made the BIG mistake of asked if she had photos of these places. She asked if we wanted to see them and then there we sat for 45 minutes looking at all these old photos and listening to her describe each one! It was funny though and she had a great time telling us all about her family. We shared a quick scripture, snapped a photo (one of the funniest I've taken on the mission, I'll have to send y'all a copy) and left.

We then went to the last incredible visit with Rossella and Salvatore. They had called Monday night to ask if we could meet a little later and asked us where I was going. We told them we were BOTH going and they were suprised and sad. Anyways, they looked at my photos of the fam that I had and when I told him dad's name... Rodney... he got a good kick out of the hard sounding R! Even funnier was him impersonating it! Haha. Gotta love his humor! I'm going to miss it! After visiting for a while they brought out these gifts for both of us... some cookies that are famous here in prato and then a pretty towel. Man, they didn't have to do that! They are way to attached to us so I think it's good that we are both leaving! We said we wanted to share a quick spiritual thought and as always asked who wanted to say the opening prayer. Rossella had NEVER said the pray during all of our visits and she hopped up, got her Book of Mormon and got out this little prayer that she had written... she said this time she was prepared! She said (read) the most amazing, sincere prayer, thanking Heavenly Father for the time we had spent together... sounds cheesy but both me and her were in tears. She couldn't finish reading it and had to have Salvatore finish it. We shared a scripture and thanked them for everything. We closed with a prayer, took a photo, and left. Rossella wrote each of us the nicest note ever and metioned how grateful she was for planting a seed within her. With us both leaving, I don't know what will happen with them. We've taught them all the lessons and now it's up to them. But like I said, they need some time. We'll have the Anziani go over also and at least keep contact. It was hard to say goodbye but I'm sure we'll keep in contact.

That was the highlight of my week, definitely!

Today we have been cleaning and packing and packing and cleaning. I'm tired and can't wait to get settled in Livorno.

I can't believe my time in Prato is up. It's been 4 transfers full of amazing people and experiences and lots of learning! But change is good.

Thanks for everything like always. I'm sorry I haven't been able to write any letters but as soon as everything gets settled I promise I'll write! I love you all and love being supported by you as a missionary. It's amazing work to be involved in.

Love ya,

Sorella Boynton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.