Wednesday, June 13, 2007

13 JUNE 2007


Last week of transfers... which probably means my last week in Prato. We'll get transfer calls next Monday and then Thursday I'll probably be headed out unless for some crazy, unkown reason, I stay here in Prato for a fifth transfer! I don't know if I could handle it! But I've loved serving in Prato. Those post cards I sent out to the neices and nephews make it look a lot prettier than it really is but I've loved it nonethless. It will be sad to leave all the people I've come to know and love but I'm REALLY excited for a change. So, my guess is Dad already knows where I'm going ; ) because him and pres. rhien have a pretty good line of communication and he seems to always know things before I do! But don't ruin the suprise Dad! I let you all know next week where I'll be headed! I'm pretty sure I'll stay here in Tuscany... my guess is I'm going to Florence or La Spezia! We'll see!


This week was great. The baptism of Elisa went amazingly well. We finished teaching her everything and finished getting the program all set with speakers, hymns, etc. And Friday was the big day. The service was beautiful and went really smooth... actually... I just remembered a minor detail. It was funny because one of the young men in the branch baptized her and it took her 4 times to get under the water!!! Our investigators Rossella and Salvatore were there and so I had to explain to them the whole "immersion" part of the baptism. It was sort of funny and I was just praying on the fourth try that she would get all the way under. She finally did and everyone was happy! She also received the gift oh the Holy Ghost that same night as well. We went and had pizza with her and the family after the baptism and then had to say goodbye because she would be heading back home up to Padova the next day. It's been amazing to see the conversion process and to see someone who is so open, willing, and sincerely wanting to follow Jesus Christ.

At the baptism...our relief society president gave a talk on the holy ghost and related a story of when she was on her mission and how they were teaching this family and how she had fasted to know what to do about them. She said that as she ran into them one day she got the feeling from the holy ghost that this wasn't the right time for this family. So... obviously, since Rossella and Salvatore were there, they heard this story and after the baptism when they were leaving Rossella said to me... don't you be fasting for us! We both just laughed and I thought in my head... "too late Rossella...we already have!"

We met with them, Rossella and Salvatore again yesterday. We talked about what they thought about the baptism. They said it was fine, different but nice. We then continued teaching them the rest of the third lesson...talked about baptism and the Holy Ghost. I just don't know what to do with them to tell you the truth. Rossella keeps her commitments...she reads the Book of Mormon and says she thinks it's true. We told them it just always goes back to the fact that if the book is true, it means Joseph was a prophet and the the church, with the proper AUTHORITY, has been restored. That's were she is stuck. They told us they weren't ready to get baptized at this point but know that through more study they could maybe become ready later on. It was a great lesson and the spirit, like always, was present in full-force. We told them of the possiblity of my being transferred so they said, "oh you have to for sure come next week before you go!" Of course I wouldn't leave without saying bye to them! So, we'll have my last visit with them next week! :( They're some of the Lord's elect. I know this and they only need a little time.

Okay, times up. Loved hearing about Andy's Prom and all the other stuff. I love you all and love being a missionary! Time to work it up the last week here in Prato!

Sorella Boynton

No comments: