Tuesday, October 24, 2006

All Aboard!


Things are looking up. I'll always be sad that I was the one to do the zippy car in but I've finally come to terms with it. It was a great car and took us all many places! It always had a smile on! Thanks, Ell, for helping me out with that mess.

My computer was able to be fixed and just about everything was salv...I mean saved. hehe. Or NOT!! haha. : )

Work is over and now I can finish up the last bit of shopping before I leave in about a week (gulp!)

Mom sent me this quote once and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. Most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. And most marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Life is like an old-time rail journey--delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
(Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley, p. 254, quoting Jenkins, Lloyd Jones.)

I can't wait for my next train ride!!


1 comment:

Marg said...

Yea, for Carrie! You are really going to make it! You will love putting all of these worldly cares and issues away for awhile, while you focus on what really matters in life! Here's to the next adventure! ROME!!!