Wednesday, September 12, 2007

12 SEPT 2007

Transfer number six... already over and number 7 starting up next week.

It's been sort of a crazy week but awesome... first though... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAD AND ALSO STEVE!!! Hope your days were/are awesome! Everyone is getting so old! Mamma mia!

There were rumors that Elder Scott of the quorum of the twelve was coming so we were all excited to see if he would stop to talk to us. Well he DID! Yesterday we woke up really early at about 4am and caught a train down to Rome. All the missionaries of our mission met and we had 4 hours with him. It was incredible and he talked a lot about learning by the spirit. You probably don't remember but when I was in the MTC he came and talked 2 times while I was there. So this was my 3rd time on my mission being able to listen to him. Every time I've heard from him he's started off by having us write " I will consistently seek to learn from what I hear, see, and feel. I will write down the important things that I learn and do them." He talked about the spirit and the importance of writing down impressions we receive and the most important part... doing them!!! He talked for about an hour, then President and Sister Acerson talked a little bit, then he talked again as well. I wish I had my notes with me but I'll try to bring them next time cause all of it was really awesome. The thing that always amazes me is his testimony that Jesus Christ lives. Incredibly powerful. After all, I guess he is a "special witness of Christ." So that was definitely the highlight of this week. Because the whole mission was down in Rome, we had transfers early. So the other highlight of the week is that we've had another sister added to our companionship! That means we are a threesome here in Livorno. Imagine that! Three of us on bikes now drivin' down the street in single file! haha. He name is Sister Olmstead and she's 2 transfers younger than me... Livorno is her second city. She's way awesome and we are practically twins. She loves running and outdoors and she's done triathlons and is just plain cool. She's way fun and it's going to be a fun transfer as a threesome.

The work is going good. We're working with the regulars and Jantina's baptism should be next week. If everything works out, she'd like to get baptized in the sea!! That would be the coolest thing ever so we'll see if it works out!

Life is good and I love the mission. Incredible things happen everyday.

I love you all and pray for you always. Thanks for your many prayers, I can feel the power!

Thats is all.

Love Sorella B.

ps. yes mom, thanks for the package, I got everything.

And I'm still working on writing people, sorry it takes so long! Ciao.

No comments: