Wednesday, May 09, 2007

9 MAGGIO 2007

Ciao,

You must all be really busy because I didn't get one single email today! Hope you're all alive and well.

So, right back at ya!


Later,

Sorella Boynton










Okay,

I guess I'll repent and not leave you hanging in the dark.

It's been a good week.

First, I don't know if you all got my last email? I tried to find it in my "sent" messages and couldn't find it so maybe you didn't get it! Thats lame if you didn't. Maybe that's why none of you wrote!

Anyways, transfers are this week and drumroll......... what do you know I'll be staying here in old P-town Prato for yet another transfer! Mamma mia. That makes it 4 transfers here! A little long in my opinion but I'm excited nonetheless. Also, they had to close one of the companionships in Florence because of the number of sisters going home. There is a three-some there now so president Rhien has asked us Prato sisters to go to Florence and doing exchanges with them one or two days every week so that they are able to cover all their appointements. So that's exciting...we'll see how it works out.

Other news, Since I last emailed we've had two appointments with Rossella and Salvatore. The first one, on Friday was quite amazing, probably one of the coolest experiences of my mission yet. We taught a lesson focused on really what the restoration of the gospel means... that through Joseph Smith we have the power and authority to perform the ordinances of salvation. It was a really good lesson and right from the beginning Rossella said, "you mean you're telling us that our baptisms are invalid?" We said "Yep." (in a round-a-bout, understandable, nice etc, sort of way of course!) We continued to explain the apostasy etc. They have so many questions but we just directed the lesson back to how they can know if these things are true through prayer. We can reason and talk all we want and never convince our minds but that's why we need to pray and why we get our investigators to say a direct, sincere prayer to Heavenly Father, so they can know through their feelings first. It was near the end of the lesson and Rossella admitted to have taken our challenge we had left the last time we taught them, cioè, to pray to know if these things are true. She said that after she read the Libro di Mormon one night that she prayed and asked if it was true. She said she didn't feel anything but that that night she had a strange dream. She recounted the dream to us and it was just really amazing. She said she'd never had a dream like that before. To tell the truth I've always thought it was only wack-o's who had strange dreams but I know that she is far from being a wack-o, and that this was an answer for her, whether she realizes it or not. Salvatore still hasn't done the challenge but we met with them again yesterday. We brought a member of the branch with us... Sorella Bonti. She's awesome. We had planned to teach a 2nd lesson to them but that will have to wait until next time because it was more of a discussion on how Sorella Bonti came to join the church after being catholic for 35 years. It was great to have her there with us, seeing as how Rossella is really an active catholic. I know Rossella is ready for this gospel and feels something different when we come but has fear about making a change at this point in her life. Salvatore on the other hand has all sorts of ideas, but we commited him to read and pray so we'll see. Rossella is awesome and keeps our commitments. I'm pretty sure they'll be at sacrament meeting on Sunday so I'm looking forward to that. These two are what keep me going, I love them so much. I'm thankful that I can stay here one more transfer to work with them.

Other work is going fine. We're doing inactive work as usual and work with members. We're still working on Petra and her family.

Happy Mother's Day in advance for all you mothers. This means I get to talk to you on Mother's day Mom! Yea!

Love you all and as always thanks for your prayers and support.

Sorella B.

No comments: