Wednesday, April 04, 2007

4 April 2007

Buongiorno tutti,

Mama Mia!

It's been a great week but also a sort of hard one. Only hard because I've been going through "Sorella Roper" withdrawls. Next time I talk to President Rhien I'm going to give him a hard time for putting me with someone I grew to love and respect so much! Just kidding... I learned a lot from her and we really had too much fun.

This weekend, being general conference, was great, although we didn't get to watch Sunday afternoon session yet. We got to go to the church and watch the sessions. Also, all the missionaries from Florence, Pistoia, and Siena were there. The Florence sisters, 4 of them (including sor. roper), came and stayed the night in our apartment. It was a lot of fun. It was so weird for Sorella Roper to be back....for her and for me. She didn't want to leave and I didn't want her to leave either! Oh well, we have to get over it. Ahh, it's just hard because now we have zone conference on Saturday in Florence and we'll see each other again! I sort of wish she just went somewhere far away and maybe it would be easier to get over it!!! It's been an adjustment getting used to my new companion and sort of being the senior companion; taking the phone calls, planning who to go see during the day, etc. BUT change is the way we learn, the way I learn. It's always hard at the beggining but know that it's all for the best. My language skills are being tested because now it's me who knows the members and our contacts. I've got lots to learn and am excited to put forth the extra effort in the language! My companion, Sorella Lederer from Austria is a real fireball. She opens her mouth like none other. I'm going to learn a lot from her. We'll learn a lot together since she's only got 4 months in the mission and I've only got 3! Crazy, sometimes I wonder what president was thinking putting us newbies together! haha.

We finally had a visit with Adoriana, the buddhist, this week. We gave her a second lesson on the plan of salvation. She listened but really doesn't have a desire to learn more. She's happy with her buddhist ways. We challenged her to read and pray to receive an answer but who knows if she'll do it. We pray that she will! It's hard to get people to understand that they can really receive a specific answer to a specific prayer. I really LOVED Elder Scotts talk on prayer during conference. I know that we can turn to our Heavenly Father anytime and he'll always
be there to listen. I can't wait to get the conference talks in the ensign and re-read them. Wasn't elder Hollands talk the funniest! The work is going well and we have a goal to see some baptisms this transfer. Vediamo!

What else... I love Prato, I love the mission, I learn new things everyday, it's hard work but important and worth it, I miss all you friends and family and thank you for your prayers. Know that I love you and pray for you too!

Vi voglio bene,

Sorella Carrie Boynton

No comments: