Wednesday, March 28, 2007

28 MAR 2007

Ciao Tutti,

Wow, so much has happened since the last email... which was two weeks ago, I believe. Last week we came here to this internet place to do email and the stupid myldsmail was being lame and wouldn't even let us read our emails. Luckily today it's up and working! Oh, and I just wanted to say that I realize my english skills have gone own since I've been out. So just for all you english freaks (sorry couldn't think of another word) out there I realize that I switch up their/there and a bunch of other things too so, as mom would say...pardon!

Last week, our district got permission to go to Siena for p-day. We rode the train for and hour and a half through the beautiful countryside and got to Siena. What a beautiful city it is. We walked around and saw the famous piazza where they have the horse races in the summer. We got some pizza and then headed back. It was lots of fun.

We've had a great last week of the transfer here in Prato. We were nervous all week thinking about transfers and what was going to happen. On monday we got transfer calls as usual from President Rhien during our district meeting. Someone always does a training for this meeting and this time it was me! So I had also been worrying about that during the week too! During the middle of the training President called and told us the news. He talked to Sorella Roper and told her that she is being transferred to Florence 1! It was a pretty big surprise, we all thought she was going to the island because she hasn't been out there. And she never will because she's only got 3 transfers left! Anyways, we are excited because that means we'll get to see each other at Zone Conferences and Interviews etc. As for me, I'm staying here in Prato and I'm getting a new companion, Sorella Lededer from Austria! It's so crazy because I knew her at the MTC. She was in the group of missionaries that left just before me! So she's only one transfer ahead of me in the
mission! President told me that we would be a young companionship but that we "are both exceptional missionaries" and will be able to do it. Oh man. I've heard that she's really good at the language though and that she studied it before the mission. I'm sad to have sorella Roper leave...it's been so fun to serve with her but I'm excited to serve with sorella lededer too. Change is good even though it's hard and overwhelming! I'll have more responsibility since I know the city and the investigators. It's time to step up and it's going to take a lot of faith and prayers! But I know the Lord will help me out in this.

The work is going well enough. We see lots of miracles everyday and lots of tender mercies from the Lord. One day we have all of our appointments fall through and the next day we have amazing things happen. Like yesterday.....we had a little extra time before an appointment and so we decided to do a bit of door to door. We went to this palazzo that we weren't sure if we had already knocked or not. But we did it anyway and it turns out that it was this same lady that we had knocked before..who had let us in and who we had given a book of mormon to. We were so suprised to see her and she was so nice and let us right in. We didn't have much time but just visited. She said she felt bad because she hadn't really read any of the book of mormon that we had left. Her husband and daughter came home and we all just talked. It was really amazing. We talked about the apostasy and how god again established is church in these latter days through Joseph Smith. They are pretty stuck in their ways but I think Heavenly Father is preparing them for the message of the restoration. I'm excited to keep meeting with them. They are very open and said we could come back. Really a neat experience.

We continue to meet with all the regulars. I don't even know if, in all these emails anyone has been able to keep track of them, sorry. If you have questions just ask. Just know that things are going well. I'm scared for the change but it will be good.

I'm excited for general conference this weekend and hope that you all enjoy it. It's such a blessing to have a living prophet on the earth today. I know this church is true and I love preaching the gospel!

Love you all,

Sorella Boynton

No comments: