Wednesday, April 25, 2007

25 April 2007

Another week... another email.

Time seems to be flying and I can hardly believe that there's only a little more than two weeks left in this transfer! Crazy. Today we don't have any plans so it's sort of a day were I can relax a little bit and write letters that I'm so behind in writing! It's also a holiday here in Italy... the day when the Americans saved Italy from the Germans! Yeah, thats right! hehe. So we had to do our shopping last night because all the stores are closed! Anyways, non importa.

Things are going... I'll just share some of the highlights of the week...

Thursday is always fun because there's english class. Ever since Sorella Roper left I've been teaching for the whole hour. I like it a lot although it's a little overwhelming to have to answer questions etc. I'm learning lots of grammatics I never knew about...both in english and italian!

Saturday we had "Zone Blitz" here in Prato. It was really fun. Some of the Florence districts came over and we did finding work all day. I got to do exchanges with some other sisters and I really liked that. We all ate lunch together and then went out doing park and house. I was really tired afterword from being out in the sun all day but we got some referrals and hope to contact them soon.

Monday sort of a downer day. I just wasn't feeling too motivated. We were trying to find this inactive and didn't know which bus to take etc etc. But then we got invited to the Branch Presidents house and had a good family night with them. We taught the lesson and that made the day. I've really noticed, and I've probably mentioned this before but the days that we teach a lot always make me happier.

Tuesday, yesterday, was "tender mercies from the Lord" day for me. After just sort of the blah monday, tuesday was great and I was so happy. We had an appointment fall through in the morning so we just did house. We taught a couple lessons at the door. I just love talking to people only if it is for a few minutes. It's so cool being able to share brief gospel truths even if the people don't really get it. Later in the afternoon, after lunch and language study, we had some less active appointments. Then, the coolest part of the day. We again met with Rossella and Salvatore. Oh man, they are just the coolest. I think I make a bigger deal of it than it really is but it's just cool for me because they are investigators that WE found doing house. Most of the other investigators I've worked with up until now have been investigators that were investigating even before I got here to Prato. But these guys we found and have been able to teach. The thing that kills me... in more ways than one... is that they totally tried to come to church! At our last appointment, last tuesday, we invited them to come. They said they would try... but any missionary knows that lots of people say that. But they told us they drove around for almost an hour trying to find the church and just weren't able to find it in time! MAN, dang! It made me sooo happy to hear that they made the effort to come but I felt sorry that they weren't able to find it in time! Oh well. We straightened out where it is and now he understands. The only problem is is that this Sunday is district conference in Pisa and Florence, so we won't be holding regular sacrament meeting. But it's okay because they'll be in Rimini this sunday and then somewhere else the following sunday. Anyways, it might seem like such a little thing but it really just made my day. We had a little lesson with them about the Book of Mormon. We read some of the intro and then the promise in Moroni 10. They really believe that the first vision and the joseph smith story is possibly true. We invited them to read a chapter in the book of mormon and pray to know of the truth. One of the coolest moments was when Salvatore asked me why I was serving this mission. They know we don't get payed or anything and that its a service. He asked me..."did you want to meet people, or just see the world or what. What's your motivation?" Wow, the perfect opportunity. I was able to tell him the true reason I am here serving. Maybe it was more for me than them... thinking back to monday and how I really maybe sort of lost the vision for a day. I thought and just told them the truth. That this gospel is the best thing that's ever happened to me and that's its changed my life and that I want to share it with others. Probably one of the coolest experiences on my mission so far... just being able to bear pure, simply testimony to people whom I have come to love. These people are amazing and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead. They're very busy but make time for us. They offered to give us a ride home and were just so genuine and said that we really need to be careful as young girls in Italy. So that was the best.

Okay, an hour's up.

I love you guys and thank you for all you do.

Love carrie, sorella b.

No comments: