Wednesday, March 07, 2007

7 March 2007

What a great week it has been. P-day was amazing last week, how could it not be when it's spent in Florence! Argueably one of the prettiest cities in the world!

We've been working hard trying to find people to teach. Heavenly Father is really blessing us. We've been able to talk to a lot of people this week and give out lots of Book of Mormons...a couple in Romanian and one also in Polish. There's lots of foreigners here and sometimes it seems like they are more open than the italians. But we also met an Italian women tracting who is buddhist but seems really open. We brought her a Book of Mormon and she said she'd read it. She also gave us a little book that explains the buddhist religion...all about karma and Nirvana, and there crazy beliefs. I guess it's only fair though that if she reads our book, we know a little about hers. So there's a lot of potential investigators, we'll see how it goes.

We've also been really working on getting our members involved. We had a couple really good lessons with the members and are encouraging them to pray for someone whom with they could share the Book of Mormon. It's hard to ask them because we feel like they are already doing so much. But sacrifce is needed for this work! It shows the Lord we are really willing to give up something to further the work! I love the members here, they are awesome. We have a goal of 2 baptisms before the end of the transfer. We'll see how it goes!

Life as a missionary is great. I received a little letter from cousin Katy the other day that just made my day (and I hope you get this email forwarded to you Katy! and hope that it's okay that I share this!). She said something that I really needed to hear. She said, "most days I don't feel like one of those awesome missionaries, but I'm still here and I'm learning new things all the time that strengthen my testimony and make me want to be a more commited member of the church." It's really easy on the mission to compare yourself to other missionaries. It's easy to get frustrated, especially as a new missionary because you can't speak the language well and you can't teach as well as you want. You have to rely a lot on your companion. Who doesn't want to be "one of those awesome" missionaries? But I've learned that there's no room to compare. If I'm doing MY best and working hard, there's no doubt that I'll become an awesome missionary in MY own way; that is by being humble and teachable and letting the Lord, sculpt (for lack of better work) me into someone he can use to share his gospel. I love being a missionary and am so grateful for this time I have to share the gospel 24/7. I know this is the true church without a doubt. Thanks for everything!

Hope all is going well for you!

Love ya,

Sorella Boynton

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUBS (on the 11th right?)

Friends, I don't know if we can be friends anymore if you don't write! Slackers! hehe.

No comments: