Saturday, December 09, 2006

Wednesday, December 6th, 2006

Happy December!

I've survived 5 weeks now at the MTC. That means I'm more than half way done! Yesssssssss (Napolean Dynamite style :) )!!

This past week was mainly spent studying teach the 1st lesson in Italiano. It's so fun I love it!

Last Thursday at the Referral Center we got to do incoming calls... taking calls that come in from people who are interested in getting a free DVD etc. I talked to a lady who wanted the "finding faith in Christ" DVD. She said she wasn't planning on having a very joyful Christmas Season because her son had just died. It was awesome to be able to tell her that she could find joy, and get through the hard time she was having. I talked to a really old grandma too who had received a Book of Mormon but hadn't had time to read it because she's been really sick. I told her to read it when she got better and that it would bring her more happiness. Good times at the RC.

Out of 11 in our branch, we're the only 3 going to Rome!
Anz. Jones, Me, Anz. Ethington

Okay, here's the sad/bad news of the week. On Friday I ate this wrap thing for lunch. BAD CHOICE! I knew the wraps weren't very good but the other choices, I thought, were just as bad. So I ate the "southwestern chicken wrap." Mama Mia! I started feeling sick that evening and knew it was the wrap. I went to bed feeling nauseous and woke up at 12:30, and then at 4:00 to go to the bathroom. Let's just say I didn't throw up, but I was in there for 10 minutes each time. Schifoso. I still felt sick through Saturday. I ate a total of 4 saltine crackers, an apple, and a bowl of raisin bran that day. I woke up Sunday morning feeling much better, but it being fast Sunday, I had to wait til 5:30pm to eat anything! So there's my "curse of the MTC food" story. I'll be so glad to get out of here and start eating real food. I think I might cry when I have my first meal of pesto or pretty much just anything in Italy!

Sunday was nice. Many of us bore our testimonies in Italian. We had lots of study time so I pretty much read the whole Ensign. Good stuff. We got to watch the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional Sunday night. Molto bene.

The classroom where we spend most of our time!


Monday came again and with it, our lesson at the TRC. I started off a little nervous, but once I saw who we were teaching, I was the happiest ever! Ciccio Bomba = Chubby Bomb... a.k.a. Dale Bowman! Everyone here, the Italian missionaries that is, loves him because he's such a good fake investigator. He doesn't try to stump you with questions, talks slow enough to understand, and just plays a great "golden investigator." There were like 3 others in the room as well but he was the most "into it." The lesson went really well. That's the good thing about teaching in Italian, it keeps the lesson really basic, which is what first time investigators need anyway. So that was probably the highlight of the week. Now we're preparing for the second in Italian. Dolce!

Everything else is going well. Yesterday Elder Richard C. Edgley, the Presiding Bishop spoke at the devotional. He talked about alot of good stuff, told some funny stories, and stressed the importance of bringing people into the church. Even if it's just one soul.

Thanks to all who wrote this week. It really makes my day. Mom, we all loved eating the duplos you sent! Especially Fratello Fife!

Eating Duplos with Fratello Fife!

Thanks so much! Everyone wanted more but that will just give them something to look forward to.

Here's what Mom and Dad have to look forward to!
Crazy Elders!


Ell, thanks so much for the package! Love the decorations and can't wait to open the rest (at their respective times of course!) I loved reading the blogs you printed out, sounds like Christmas is in full swing in the world outside the MTC. Sometimes I don't even know what month, let alone, day it is in here. They all mesh together pretty darn well! Your decorations will help me remember its December!

I think that's pretty much it. I've got lots of other letters to write so I better get started on those. Hope everyone had a great week!

Love,

Sorella Boynton
Happy to be a missionary!
Happy to be outside!
Not happy about the double-chin!


(A note from Ell: Sorry for the quality of the photos. I'm just taking pictures of pictures and it's hard to get them in focus, but you get the idea! And that last one looks wider than it really is because of the way I cropped it! Oh Well!)

2 comments:

Andy said...

Hey Ell,

How about sending me a copy of that "happy to be a missionary" picture. Would love it. Mom

Anonymous said...

I was thinking I'd do that very thing!