Monday, May 18, 2009

COLORADO
May 7 - May 10

A wedding of Grant's childhood friend in Denver brought us to Colorado. We first stopped at Grant's house in Grand Junction for some biking! Thursday night we went mountain biking. It was my second time desert riding and although it was the most technical ride I had ever done, we had a ton of fun. We woke up Friday morning and went road biking with Grant's dad at Colorado National Monument. It was a beautiful, 30 mile loop with spectacular views. With Grand Junction sitting near 4600 ft. and the top of the climb sitting near 6600, we climbed nearly 2000 vertical feet! Grant blames his "tight shoes" on me beating him to the top but I would argue otherwise (only kidding Grant!...but not really).





After the ride on Friday, we drove 4 hours over to Denver. Needless to say, our butt's were definitely hurting after that day! I'd never driven that stretch of road in my life (I-70) and was surprised at its beauty! We passed all of the big Colorado ski resorts before arriving in Denver. We stayed with Grant's older brother, Nate, and his wife, Annalisa. They live close to downtown Denver in a quaint, studio apartment (the purple house below.) They were great tour guides and took us around the city and we enjoyed visiting the Denver Art Museum. What a COOL city!
After touring Denver all day, we headed to the wedding reception (Nate and Grant rummaged through Nate's closet and came out looking pretty sweet in his thrift store outfits! haha). Sunday we drove back to Grand Junction for dinner with his family. Great times!












(I don't know why the font size is so huge at the top and smaller at the bottom. Before I post they are the same size....Anybody? Anybody?)

3 comments:

Aub said...

dude you guys have so much fun together! & the font thing has happened to me too - i found that if you just type it all out in the normal size and change the fonts after it will stay how you want it

Jenn said...

if you are using safari, you can right click on the text and pull up the font box. You have way more options with the text this way.

g.ghepardo said...

For the record, although my shoes were a bit tight, I don't blame them. The trouble was having a racing bike that was ridiculously hard to pedal uphill. Not to mention going up every hill twice as fast as you except for that last one :)