Saturday, August 23, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


During one of the long drives on our California trip this summer, I asked mom and dad what siblings I reminded them of most. They quickly responded that I reminded them most of Ell and Rod. "What a compliment!" I thought, as I went over in my mind all of the many things I admire about Ell and Rod. As my mind tried to wrap around the possibility of being the fortunate possessor of their best qualities, I was quickly brought back into the conversation as Mom and Dad continued to explain their reasoning: "You are all hard-headed and do what you want!" Not quite the qualities that were passing through my mind at the moment but okay, okay, I admit, I do fit quite nicely into that category and those who truly know me can attest. The point is, Ell and Rod have many traits that I hope to one day call my own!


I've always thought of Ell as a good definition of someone who is INDEPENDENT. She's SMART and CLEVER. Gatherings are always more fun when Ell's around because she's FUNNY and knows how to entertain. Ell is a great STORYTELLER; her stories always packed with EMOTION. She's ADVENTUROUS. She's a LEADER. Very CREATIVE, CRAFTY, and STYLISH. She's OPINIONATED and WISE.
Thanks Ell for leading the way!
HAPPY 35th Birthday!


And then there's Rod. An ACHIEVER. MOTIVATED and THOUGHTFUL. INTELLIGENT and EASY - GOING. SIMPLE yet so CAPABLE of thinking through and explaining mathematical theories and things that I can't even begin to understand! I've always admired Rod's ability to be SUCCESSFUL and PROUD yet
HUMBLE and TEACHABLE like a child.
Thanks for sharing your B-day with us!
Happy 31st!


I LOVE YOU GUYS!


2 comments:

Jourdan said...

This was so fun to read!


It's crazy to be able to read about how Rod's sibling thinks of him! That is a great description of him...thanks Carrie. Opposites attract!

Ellen said...

Thanks Care!

Since your blog is "private" it's not accessed by my "bloglines" account I use to read everyone elses blogs... and I have to remind myself to check it!

Thank-you for the nice tribute! I would be proud and honored to be compared to you!