Wednesday, January 16, 2008

16 JAN 2008

Hahahahha,

I just have to start of the email laughing because I know everyone (especially Ell, Marg, and Mom) are going to tell me that I really am the "I wanna Porshe girl." I don't know what I do to be so lucky but I'll hey, I'll take it and run. I'M GOING TO ROME to finish my mission!!! Transfer calls came from President Acerson on Monday and he said that I'm being transferred and will serve in Rome 3! Man, I could have jumped out of my seat on to the table and done a tarzan yell and beat my chest, but decided to restrain myself and maybe will do that as I take the boat tonight back to the mainland! Am I surprised? Not really... Sorella Harvey and I knew that it was really likely for one of us to be transferred. So she's going to hold down the fort here in Oristano while I go to Rome and follow-up train a newer missionary.

I have very mixed feelings about going. The past couple transfers here in Oristano have been some of the hardest of my mission. Our faith, patience, charity, and just about every other thing has been tried. I will ALWAYS be ever grateful for Pres. Acerson and Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to serve in this city. We came in thinking with high hopes and talked about how we wanted to help grow this branch. We got many emails from friends and family with stories of how other branches around the world grew within months. They inspired us and helped us to do our best here to help people return to church and find new people who wanted to learn more. The branch is pretty much the same now as when I left.

On the outside it can seem like not much was done but this morning as Sister Harvey and I listed the small miracles that we've seen during these past two transfers... it really is amazing how involved the Lord is in this most important work. I think a big part of being here was to refine me. On the way I got to meet and help some incredible people. The inactive women are at least starting to read their Books of Mormon and re-discover their testimonies. It was fun seeing them all yesterday and saying goodbye. I'm convinced that we, as sisters, were sent here at this time especially for Maiken. She has been golden the whole time. We taught her last night for the last time. She's beginning to read the Book of Mormon and has read up until 1 Nephi 7. I asked her how she liked it and expressed my excitment that she's starting and understanding my favorite book on earth! About 5 minutes after the appointment she called and asked me if she had to wait until April when I finish my mission to communicate with me... haha... she also asked if she had to wait till April to know my first name! haha. She's definitely a person I'll keep in touch with and she'll probably come out to visit in Utah before long! I think it's a good thing for me to be leaving her because she's a little attached and it'll be good for her to recognize that the good feelings of the spirit that she's felt with us come from the spirit and learning about the gospel and not me! Phew....that's a lot of detail from Sis. Boynton I know! Whoa! Imagine that.

Anyway, this last week in Oristano has been great. We had interviews with President Acerson. He's the best as always and always helps me a lot. Also got a lot of mail so thanks for writing everybody! With it brought more news of yet ANOTHER wedding of my bosom bud Jennie Proctor!! Now when I get home, both my twins will be married and I'll have to beg their husbands to let us have a girls night out when I get home! Crazy!

I said goodbye to all the people who I've come to know and love yesterday. We pretty much saw everyone in one day! That's little Oristano for ya!

I had a cold over the weekend but that kind of hit it's climax on sunday and has been getting better. I should be able to get some more rest as we take the boat tonight. I'm all packed up and I leave Oristano today around 3 and will travel with some other sisters and we'll get to Rome on Thursday morning to start the next adventure! Until next week..when I'll have more info on life in Rome!

If you haven't heard it enough... I LOVE being a missionary and I'm so blessed thanks to all of your prayers. Thanks everyone!

Love,

Sorella Boynton

No comments: