Thursday, February 22, 2007

Prato, Week 7

Ciao tutti,

Hope everyone is doing well!

We've had another good week here in Prato. The work seems a little slow at times but we just have to keep on keepin on! We've done a lot of finding work this week. We've spent some time going door to door. I really enjoy finding work. It takes courage to go door to door but it's so worth it when you can share brief truths about the gospel with people. Most of them say they aren't interested but it makes those who give us more than a minute all the more worth it. We also enjoy doing what we call Piazza. We take a survey with questions like...do you believe in jesus christ?....do you think families extend beyond death?....etc, and just stop people who are walking in the piazza by the duomo. We've talked to lots of people this way and given out a couple Book of Mormon's. It's really neat to testify and look people in the eyes and tell them we know these things are true.

We haven't had the opportunity to meet with Nurshia and Anil this week. We're really troubled about them and just feel like they're at that same critical point that Sabrina was at (if you remember me telling you about her.). Either they're going to accept it or they wont commit and are happy with how they are. Speriamo bene!

We had a crazy experience on the bus yesterday. We were heading out to visit a less-active family and lady who live a little outside of Prato. We got on the bus and I went and sat in a chair that was facing another chair...this way, if someone sits down, we are facing each other and it makes it easier to start up a conversation and potentially teach someone on the bus. So, I was sitting and the bus picked some people up and a young man came and sat across from me. I knew it was trouble from the minute he sat down! I saw him looking at me but tried to just mind my own business. But then he started talking to me...asking where I was from and telling me how beautiful and everything I was. I tried to just play it off and ask where he was from, if he was going to school, or working etc. I told him we were here serving a mission for our church. He was saying all this stuff about boyfriends and stuff. It was so awkard and gross! He was scooting closer to me. I just acted like I couldn't understand him when he called me "amore" and "bella." He asked what we believed so I was relieved a little bit. I told him about Joseph Smith and the restoration although I could plainly see he could care less about the message! Finally Sorella Roper stood up and we we got off the bus even though we didn't know where we were. And the guy and his friend followed us off the bus! We told them we had an appointment to get to and he was totally asking for my number and saying how important love was. CRAZY! We finally just walked away as he blew us a kiss! SCHIFFO, GROSS! I'm just glad we got out of that one safe and sound! Grossed out but at least safe!

Anyway, other than that, things are good. Sorry kind of a lame email but I gotta go. Thanks for all your prayers and support. I love being a missionary and know it's true, there's no doubt!

Love,
Sorella B.

No comments: