Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Allora,

Buon Giorno di San Valentino! I wish I could give you all bug hugs and kisses. But this will have to do...XxoOXxooX! I love you all!

I just read the emails from you all. Thanks! Sounds like ell and paul are busy with moving and work: the shooting in Trolley Square! Yikes...that's crazy! Marg and Nate, sounds like your doing well, congrats on the new job and good luck! Rod and Jo getting Milo potty trained : ), Steve and Shirley, hope you're doing well! And Tom, got your email too but haven't had time to respond. Mom and Dad, always a pleasure to read your emails and thanks for the valentine card and the pictures. I'm sure I sent that medical info in, but whatev. I'll sign it and send it again. I'm so grateful for you all and am so grateful for your prayers and support!

The work continues here in little Prato Italy. We got transfer calls this week. President calls us while we're all together at the church for our weekly district meetings and tells everyone if they're staying or going. I'm staying here in Prato with Sorella Roper! No suprise, we knew we were staying. I'm so glad to have another transfer with her. We have fun together! She'll go next transfer most likely. : ( I'm not looking forward to that one!

We had an amazing lesson with Nurshia and Anil last Friday. The Anziani (elders) came with us and it was probably one of the best lessons I've seen yet. They really listened this time and the spirit was there in full force. We talked about apostasy and shared an example of apostasy from 4th Nephi. We talked about the restoration and also about the great apostasy after the christ and the apostles died. It was awesome for me to see two great missionaries, my comp, Sor. Roper and one of the elders that was there, teach. They're experienced missionaries and knew what they were talking about and knew how to really point out the spirit. Everything was explained so clearly. I really admire them and can't wait to be a good teacher! Anyway, we invited them to read moroni 10 and then also to come to the baptism that was happening on Sunday. It would've been awesome for them to see that baptism and we were so excited because they were going to come. At the last minute they called us and told us that thier friends mother had died and weren't going to be able to make it. Dang it! We were crushed. We haven't met with them again yet but have high hopes.

So yeah, there was a baptism of another nigerian man, Austin, on Sunday. Our district leader baptized him. It's so awesome to see someone be baptized and make that step in their life. After the baptism, the font flooded the whole basement of the church! It's a collapsable font and so the hose detached from the font and water went everywhere! So we stayed and helped clean that mess up! Haha, crazy.

We met with Sabrina this week. We basically told her that we are here to teach and help people make commitments and to call us when she's ready to commit! It was sad but we felt like it was the right thing. We also had another lesson with Titi and taught her about the fall and the atonement. She knows so much, I love teaching her.

Lately we've been doing service for one of the less-actives, Sorella Lombardo, in the branch. Last thurdsay we cleaned her blinds and windows (she lives on the 5th floor so we get a sweet view of Prato out over to Florence! all the pretty hills and rooftops!). That was okay. Then yesterday she made us clean her bathroom! Schiffo! Her house smell like dog and there was just nasy hair everywhere. But, we sucked it up. I cleaned the beday (gag) and sorella Roper cleaned the discusting shower! We cleaned the walls, shelves etc. Mama mia! She wants us to come back next week for the kitchen! I love service! We had a good lesson with her about the blessing of the restoration, now she just needs to come to church!

Well, life as a missionary is great. We are reminded of our many blessings everyday as we see and talk to people who don't have the gospel in their lives. I'm so grateful for this chance to share the good news of the gospel! I know it's true!

Love you all,
Sorella Boynton


p.s. I received some old mail that didn't make it to me before I left the Mtc so I'm working on writing some of you back! Thanks and sorry!

No comments: