Wednesday, February 06, 2008

6 Feb 2008

First of all, HAPPY WEDDING TO AUBREE this week, getting hitched on the 9th, whoop whoop! Congrats my friend!

Today for p-day we went to the Vatican museums! We went with a bunch of other Rome missionaries and it was quite amazing. I'm wishing more and more after every p-day that I knew more about the amazing history of Rome! But it was really exciting to be able to see the famous Sistine Chapel! Incredible. This next part is especially for Tom and Andy but anybody else who knows what a neck-o is might get a kick out of his: As I was looking up at the painting on the ceiling I then dropped my head and looked at everyone else looking up. I looked around me and saw all of these bare necks and they were all just yelling..."come give me a neck-o!" haha. So, I decided one of the things I want to do before I die is come back to the Sistine Chapel and run through it giving everybody huge neck-o's!!! Tell me what you think about that! Anyways, on to more important things.....

This week was great. On Thursday we met with an inactive lady that we found, Concetta. She's a really nice lady but just lost contact with members of the church and felt sort of abbandoned (I can't spell anymore, sorry!). We had a good lesson with her and hopefully we can slowly get her back. One of our members got in a car accident last week so we were able to stop by the hospital and give her some flowers. I'm glad we stopped by because no one from the ward had stopped by yet! She was happy to see us and it's nice to be able to just go about doing good.

Saturday we had an appointment with a member, Sorella Franca. She's older and can't read so we went and she likes to have us read her a little bit from the gospel principles manual with her. She's really amazing and her husband is less active. She was so happy because for the first time in all of their marriage (they've almost been married for 50 years!) he prayed with her! He's never done that before so she was so grateful for that. We ate a huge lunch with them! Saturday night we were able to go to the church and watch President Hinckley's funeral. It was great. I enjoyed it a lot.

Sunday was pretty normal. We went to church and then spent the afternoon doing finding work. It was raining hard to our plan to go talk to people in the park was sort of ruined so we just did some house. I'm lucky and really don't mind doing house. Ever since that amazing experience with Rossella in Prato and her letting us in doing house, I have faith that we can find another "Rosella!"

Monday we had DDM as usual. I gave the addestramento, probably not one of most exciting ones I've ever done but hopefully someone got something out of it. I always learn a lot preparing them so I enjoyed it!

Yesterday we met with a daughter of a Peruvian member in the ward. She got here to Italy like two months ago and is trying to learn Italian etc and just get situated so it was fun to get to know her and hopefully we can help integrate her into the ward.

Well, times up. We have to run to an appointment with a potential investigator so hopefully things go well!

Thanks for everything! Got your packages Ell and Shirley! Thanks a million. Until next week...

Love,

Sorella Boynton

No comments: