Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12 Dec 2007


Transfer number 9 starting right up and already flying by.


It's been a pretty busy week. We were let in doing house a couple more times this week. All very nice people I just hope we can go back and actually get some new investigators out of the visits. The people here are generally more open and willing to let you in... it's then just getting a return appointment and really teaching them that's the hard part!

We visited S.lla Medda this week again...I don't know if I've ever mentioned her yet. She's here from Firenze staying and taking care of her aging mother. She used to be the RS pres in Firenze and since there's really no one here we go and visit her and bring her a spiritual message because she isn't really able to make it to church either because of her mom. She's amazing though. She was one of the first members in Oristano...too bad she moved to Firenze because we need a good member like her here!

Saturday was probably the longest day of my entire mission. Despite our efforts to get any appointment, we did finding work the ENTIRE day. We knocked doors all morning in the freezing wind, came in for lunch and studies, and then took a giant suck-it-up pill and went back out and knocked until we finally had an appointment with an inative in the evening. We taught some people and hopefully can re-visit them.

Sunday was a rather busy day. I had been asked to teach the relief society lesson. No big deal because RS consists of my comp and I, Sorella Angius, and then the africans, Patricia and Zuma. So I taught that for the first hour... then I was also asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting. It went rather well, I talked about the importance of the sacrament. The cool thing is that there was one of our English class students there... Maiken (i might have mentioned her earlier.) She's probably like 30 something and is from Denmark. She seems pretty interested but we haven't actually began teaching her yet. After my talk that lasted prob like 15 minutes, one of the africans, Aminu, gave his talk... in English... so I had to get back up and as he gave his talk in English, I translated it into Italian! Kind of difficult and makes me realize that I still have a lot to learn in the language! Just takes some experiences like this to humble you a little!

Monday, like all mondays, we went to DDM in Cagliari. The Cagliari missionaries were all talking about things they had to do to get ready for branch christmas activities etc and me and sister harvery just looked at each other and tried not to cry! We are pretty darn isolated up here and we just have to not compare with what other missionaries around the mission are doing or else we get lost in self-pity!

We are excited for this new transfer and are hoping we can do lots of great work. Thanks for all of your prayers and support. They help tons!

Marg, your paperless card was adorable... loved it.

We'll have Zone Conference on Friday so that should be great fun.

Love ya all,

have a great week and keep warm!

Sorella Boynton

No comments: