Wednesday, November 07, 2007

7 NOVEMBER 2007

Hey all,

It's been a long but abbastanza good week. I'm pretty happy right now because we are in Cagliari for the day and are spending the night with the sassari and cagliari sisters and then we'll have Zone Conference tomorrow here in Cagliari. We also get to play soccer together tonight so I'm excited for that! I've been missing my soccer here because in Livorno we played every week! I'll have to blow the dust off and pull out all my sweet moves! haha....

We are a little bit more situated in Oristano now. The first week of overwhelmingness is passed and now it's just patience and hard work. This week we've done quite a bit of finding work... talking to people in centro or doing house. We've also been able to meet 3 inactive women who we want to start working with. I've been thinking a lot lately about inactives and what is it that gets them back and helps them realize the blessings of the gospel. I know everyone's different and there are a million and one reasons why people go inactive but I also know there's a common thread. I couldn't help but think of the re-activations of Ed and Patty Cross and also Mike and Cathy Ford. Any advice is welcome!

But that's what this branch needs is major reactivation! Sunday was good. Sorella Harvey and I always come home sunday feeling a little down just because the situation of the branch is so... just plain sad and pathetic... but that just gives us all the more drive to work hard. Sister Harvey, my comp, is cool and a really hard worker. I think we make a good team cause she's pretty intense and as you all know I'm pretty laid back and calm, so it works. It's interesting though because she is allergic to everything and can only eat fruits, veggies, rice and corn. No flour, wheat, glutin, dairy (except for goat and sheep)just pretty much nothing and that's why she's such a beanpole. If anybody had a special recipe for that type of allergy let me know! She's always so nice and making me french toast and stuff that she can't even eat and I can't even make her anything! She's also a swing dancer so I'm having fun learning that! haha. Oh the joys.

A really cool thing happened yesterday. We got a new investigator! I was looking through the area book and saw some pass-backs. So last week we went and set up an appointment with a lady. Then we went back yesterday and taught her a 1st lesson. It went really well and she agrees with a lot of our doctrine. So that's pretty much the exciting news of the week. We'll visit with her next week and hopefully she's still interested. We have some other potentials who we'll try to contact this weeks too. Little miracles are happening and we just have to remember to be patient here!

Things are good, thanks for your prayers! Love you all!

Alla prossima!

Care

p.s. Thanks for the letters everyone...especially for the package jenn and jack! You guys rock and I'm such a slacker but will write soon!
boo yeah maud squad.

No comments: