Wednesday, October 24, 2007

24 October 2007

Hey Fam,

Okay I know you are all dying to know about transfers! haha, probably not but I'll tell you anyways because it's pretty darn cool.

Monday morning we got transfer calls from President Acerson. My comp, Sister Olmstead answered the phone and he told her that her and Sister Call would be staying here in Livorno and that I'd be going. I got on the phone with President and he told me that he had a special assignment for me. He said that he wanted me to go to the island of Sardegna and serve in the city of Oristano (get out your maps! It's on the coast smack dab in the middle of Sassari and Cagliari).

(Click on the pictures to make them bigger.)

This past transfer there were 2 elders there, the zone leaders. But he's decided to switch it up and take the elders out and put sisters in; we'll be taking over their apartment. So... I'm headed to the island of Sardegna to open up the city of Oristano. CRAZY! As we call it in mission lingo... I'm getting "blown-in." My companion will be Sister Harvey who was serving in Florence who I don't really know at all; she's a young missionary and has been out only 2 transfers but is a good one. We'll be the first sister missionaries in Oristano in a long time, like 20 years or so!


So I was pretty much freaking out Monday thinking of the crazyness of the transfer! I was feeling a little overwhelmed thinking about opening the city but those feelings have subsided (i'm sure they'll be back when I get out there!) and now I'm just feeling really excited for this new adventure that the Lord is trusting me and blessing me with.

I have no clue what Oristano is like. The only thing I know is that when I ask people if they know anything about it, they get a funny face, look at me like "good luck, you're gonna need it," and say "all I know is that the branch is really, really small." "There's like, 6 members," was my favorite response! Oh, I've gotten some good reactions! Looks like we've got our work cut out for us!

I'm heading out tomorrow morning, going to Rome and then out from there. I'll take a big old boat all night and then travel on up and try to find out where in the world our apartment is, the church is etc. etc. I've always loved adventures!!

I'm sad to be leaving Livorno and the awesome people here. But it's been great, especially this last transfer in my awesome three-some. My two comps are staying here and will miss me (haha) but I'm sure they'll survive! : ) That's the big news for the week. I letter get going because I haven't even started packing yet.


Hope everything's going good back home and I'll try to write people letters as soon as possible!

Love you guys!

Love care

No comments: